Matthew 20:26-28 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave- just as the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.


When we talk about the Kingdom of God, you truly see it's completely opposite of the world. To be great you must be a servant, and whoever desires to be first, he must be a slave. This is how God designed the Kingdom. But as we look through worldly eyes, we want to have people serve us, we want to be the best, having the highest position. Looking back at verse 24 you can see the disciples are upset with The son's of Zebedee probably because of pride. They were looking through worldly eyes. They may have wanted to ask to be by Jesus side when they entered heaven but James and John beat them to it. But in the Kingdom of God, if we want to be somebody we have to be a nobody. Humbling ourselves in a way that when we're asked to do something , no matter how awful we think the task is, we are willing to do it and we do it with a joyful heart not seeking to receive praise from man but knowing that our father in heaven is pleased as we accomplish these tasks giving glory to God.  My heart is in such a place that I continue to kick and fight against even going to prayer. My heart is not in a humble posture and I'm really struggling in it. I want to have a servants heart, and maybe that's just what is happening as I struggle with this heart issue but it doesn't come easy.

Application:
As I recognize my heart kicking against the Goads, I will ask the Lord to reveal to me what is causing me to go against, and ask for prayer from my brothers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog