1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

In this context, not only is Paul being adaptive, but he's also being submissive and honestly it goes hand in hand. He's being adaptive in the sense that he has become all things to all men, that he might by all means save some. By all means has been quite a topic and I think we as Followers of Jesus should stand on that statement. By all means. By any means necessary, no matter what it takes. Whether the toll is physical, spiritual, financial, time consuming or it goes against the very fiber of our being so long as it doesn't go against God we should submit all things unto God as he commands us to be submissive to others. Now, I look at this text and I see the Lords hand in this school in that we have a perspectives class on understanding culture, and I believe this fits right in. Not only are we to adapt to the culture that we've been placed in, we ought to submit to that culture and not try to alter or bring it to our standards but become as those who inhabit said culture and BY ALL MEANS, so that we may save some. This By All Means attitude is something I lack. I'm apprehensive in many situations and quite frankly I don't believe I give it my all and that's truly something I need prayer in. To all those who read this, Please.. Pray for me.

Application:

On my internet time, I will study as much about the culture of my field locations as possible, that I may become as the culture that I may save some. Also, I will pray with some of my classmates about having a By All Means attitude in all things that pertain to what the Lord has called me to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog