Luke 17:7-10 And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, Come at once and sit down to eat? But will he not rather say to him, Prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk and afterward you will eat and drink? Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.

As we look into the life that Jesus lived and we see how he served, how can we expect anything less. Jesus, as He served, didn't want any special treatment from anyone. He came to do what the Father sent Him to do and didn't expect anything special just because He was obedient. Even before going to the cross, Jesus cried out to the Father, asking Him if there was any other way but submitted and knew that He was going to the cross. How can we expect to be treated any different. As we serve we should not expect any praise or any special treatment because we're doing what we're supposed to. We just need to keep our eyes fixed on the cross and not worry about how people respond to our service unto the Lord and unto other but just know that it is our reasonable act of worship. I know for me there are times where I expect to receive praise and I soon realize that I'm not truly doing for the Lord but doing it for man and that is not what it truly looks like to serve.

Application:

As I go through out the day, if it comes to a point where I expect praise or any type of treatment I will write down the situation that caused me to look for any attention .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog