John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from my Father I have made known to you.

After reading this verse I moved to the surrounding verses and 13 stuck with me. It says " Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends". Now, I take that two ways. one, is literally laying your life down for your friends, Jesus being the ultimate example. Two Laying your life down in the sense of putting others before yourself. After reading that and then reading verse 15 and understanding that we should be willing to lay our life down for our brothers and sisters daily is huge. Being that we have group assignments and for some of us worship and just being together on a day to day bases, this can have huge application. I know sometimes my personal desires get in the way of helping my team. This verse got me because today I had my group getting ready to do child story and I mentally checked out of the situation and I didn't have any heart in it. And because I was in that disposition, I wasn't even thinking about it and I missed getting a picture with (Get name from team) and in turn made it harder on the team and puts extra pressure on them because I didn't lay my life down for my friends, for my brothers and sisters.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog