II Corinthian 10:5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.


Part of spiritual warfare is defending the gospel of Jesus. To be able to defend the gospel we have to be walking in the Spirit in obedience and in Love not looking at ourself. I know for me I've taken things personal, and ruined my witness with someone because I responded in the flesh, in disobedience I didn't take captive my thoughts and hand them over to the Lord and I didn't respond in love. I responded in my flesh on impulse. I must remind myself that people are not persecuting me, they're persecuting Jesus. People may try to slander or gossip or build up strongholds against the Gospel but we must take our thoughts captive, and hold those thoughts to the word of God and respond with love, not responding from a worldly defense but having on the whole armor of God wielding the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Our weapons are supernatural. We come at these attacks and strongholds by grabbing our thoughts, literally holding them captive not allowing them to progress any further and then casting them out of our mind and allowing the Holy Spirit to equip us with the words to speak.


I will read Ephesians 6:10-20 and meditate on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog