John 12:26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him my father will honor.

As we serve the Lord, we follow Him, not the other way around. He says " Where I am, there My servant will be also." You see in Exodus God leads His people with a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night. And as they followed the pillar God led them into a situation that He knew they couldn't handle on their own, but He was with them and made sure HE handled the situation. Nowhere in it does it say that we are to lead these pillars. There will be times as we serve the Lord, He will lead us into situations that are far above our abilities and what we're capable of and it's for a reason, He wants to do it with us. Though we're probably not going to part the Red Sea as Moses did in Exodus 14, as we follow the Lord and serve Him there will be times God calls us to do the impossible, and He does it to stretch us and grow our faith. If we try to lead Him, we will not see Him show up the way He did for Moses and we will not see God move in a powerful way if we try to take the reigns. I see being in this training program, for me getting all my work done is the impossible, not procrastinating is the impossible, and not getting defensive when I don't have my work complete and blaming it on the program when all reality it's all my fault is the impossible. Completing this program is the impossible. I dropped out of High School because I couldn't stand the classroom and I never did my work anyways. I think it's funny that God has my right back in a place that I couldn't handle without Him, and He's showing me that if I don't lean on Him, even on these little things I will surely fail. Miserably.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog