Romans 15:1 We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

As I sat down to do my IBS, it was during the time we as a group were getting together to share them and I was the only one that didn't have it finished. We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak. And in that moment, I was the weak and they have to bear with me. I believe each and everyone of us will have our times of weakness and times of strength and in every situation we are to bear with one another in these situations and if need be exhort them and do it out of love and not to please our flesh. I'm sure there are going to be times where in our weakness, we are going to agitate one another and within that, we shouldn't react in a way that's going to satisfy the flesh. We're called to respond in the spirit and in a way that will build up, not tear down. There have been times where our RA's had to get on us about keeping the dorm clean and even keeping the center clean because in our weakness, we let them down and they had to bear with us by gathering all our stuff together and waking us up to claim it. They were loving every time, yet they got their point across that we're not to be leaving our stuff around. They did it in a way as not to please the flesh but they were obedient to the Spirit and in that we were more willing to respond in a positive way.


Application: I will do my IBS the night before and make sure I don't leave a mess in the center and do better in keeping my room in order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog