Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I'm in to be content.

To be content in any state is not an easy thing to accomplish. I believe the key to being content in any situation is to be completely confident in the Lord. To find your identity in the Lord and be completely reliant on Him. I don't believe I find my identity completely in the Lord because I find myself sometimes puffing up my past. I find myself feeding my pride, and in that I've realized that I'm not finding my identity in Christ. I try to build this identity that is focused on a foundation of pride and not focused on what the Lord is doing in my life and in that it can cause discontentment . To be content in every situation I need to find joy in sharing my weaknesses with others, and know that God is made strong in my weakness. If I'm not completely confident in the Lord, I may question His decisions for my life, challenging Him and quite frankly I've been doing just that. Even in the little things and it does take a toll on you spiritually.


I will ask the Lord to reveal areas of discontentment and ask for prayer from my fellow classmate (Joel) after confessing those areas that I'm struggling in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog