Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

We have been called to liberty, a freedom in Christ. This freedom is the grace of God, fulfilled by the sacrifice Jesus made. Jesus, being fully God, and fully man, completed the law perfectly all the way to the Cross and He did it because in our weakness, we couldn't do it ourselves. Jesus fulfilled the law, giving us a freedom in that we no longer have to offer sacrifices, we no longer have to go to a high priest to make intercession for us. We have access to God because of Jesus. This is that Liberty and we are not to take it for granted and use it as an opportunity to sin just because we can easily access the father through Jesus and ask for forgiveness. We must come with a repentant heart putting aside the flesh, and for those who do not, will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Jesus fulfilled this law by serving others. Jesus being fully God, did not take His authority and use it to His advantage. This ought to humble us to our core, and penetrate deeply inspiring us to serve one another through the love of Christ. Sadly, that isn't always the case. For me, a lot of my motivation comes from my pride and that is something the Lord revealed to me while I was working at Mudman a few months ago and it's still something the Lord is pulling out of me. I need to look to Jesus and His service to us as a motivation to my actions .

Application:

When my pride rises I will take note of the situation that caused it to arise and write it down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog