Ephesians 6:1 Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right

Colossians 3:20 Children obey your parents in all things, for this is pleasing to the Lord.

It's odd to look to this verse and think of how it may apply to me considering I don't live with my parents and I'm no longer a child. But in it, is a command to obedience. Children obey your parents in all things. This is transferred authority given from God. God blesses people with child/children and in that God commands them to be obedient in all things for this is pleasing to the Lord. Now, I believe the second part of that verse is important. If the parents are telling their children to do something that is not pleasing to the Lord, then I believe that child is not obligated to obey their parents and God will not look upon that disobedience as sin because we are to obey God before man.


Application:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog