Ephesians 5:21 Submitting to one another in the fear of God.

What does it look like to be submitted to one another. As I ask this question I look to those around me that set an example. The easiest example to look to are those who are married. In their submission to one another there is no reason to forcibly tell one another what to do. They know that within this submission to one another, they can ask of their partner almost anything and they will do it willfully and probably joyfully knowing that it will please their partner. That I believe is how we ought to be as brothers and sisters in Christ. To be submitted, willing to do almost anything for one another knowing that just as you have your brother/sisters back, they will have yours. Whether it's a simple task like taking out the trash or something a little more serious as prayer our council. Whatever the case may be we are to submit our time and efforts fully to those around us if they ask of it and not only do it, but with our hearts in it and do it in the fear of God. Looking unto God with respect knowing they are Gods children and being more then willing to do whatever it takes to be there for them. In all honesty, if it isn't convenient for me, or I don't already have a mindset to do it, I may not be so willing to submit to one of my brothers or sisters if they're in need. Granted, if someone asks me to do something I rarely say no, but where my heart is at the time is another question. Is my heart submitted to them or is it rebelling against the call to be submitted to my brothers and sisters?

Application:

I will write a note reminding me to look upon my brothers and sisters as the children of God they are, and see their value along with this verse and keep it in my pocket for the week to remind myself who I am to be submitted to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog