1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.

Disciplining yourself physically is nothing compared to disciplining yourself in the things that are godly. Even being in the setting that I'm in where it's geared towards removing distractions and truly gives me every opportunity to be immersed in the Word, I still find a way to miss devotion time regularly. Not to mention my prayer life. I'm sure it seems that it would be easy to maintain a prayer life but the truth of the matter is sometimes I just don't feel like praying . With that being said, those are the times I find I need it the most, and in that I believe that's when I need to press in even harder. Trying to be aware of situations that prayer would be important(Not saying prayer is not always importing) is not always an easy task. I find myself to be very distant at times and it's hard for me to keep my mind in the game. Not to mention being mindful of others around me, being aware of how they're feeling and being aware of their spiritual state of being. I find it hard to be aware of what's going on. And that's something I truly need help with from the Lord. In that, I have the motivation of of the promises the Lord has for me now, and the promises He has for me in the time to come.


Application: Write a reminder of what I have waiting for me in the life to come, and the blessing it is to serve a God that came to earth to serve us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog