Mark 1:35 Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.

Waking up in the mornings is not an easy task for me. Getting out of bed is something I struggle with big time. Ask my roommates, they're pretty sick of hearing my alarm go off several times because I keep hitting snooze asking for 5 more minutes. It's one thing to wake up before the sun is up and devote your time to the Lord, but as you read the surrounding text you see it's far more then just that. The evening before, after the sun had set the whole city was gathered together where Jesus was and He began healing and casting out demons. You can imagine how long it could have taken Him to heal all these people and not to mention the time He spent with them building a relationship and talking amongst them. All this after traveling to Capernaum and immediately entering the synagogue and teaching, even in there He healed a demon possessed man and then went to peter's mother in law and healed her. It's easy to see Jesus was full blown on the move not stoping till His head hit the pillow. I want to allow this to drive me. Jesus had us on His mind to keep Him motivated, He had eternity with the Father on His mind to motivate Him. I need to allow these things to drive me . All those souls that don't know Jesus that need a savior, I need that to drive me. Now you may argue , "But Jesus was fully God" Yeah well Jesus was fully man and He was lead by the Spirit. And that same Spirit that was leading Him, that same Spirit that rose Him from the dead is the same Spirit that lives in me. So I know that it's possible to make sure I get up when I need to get up. I struggle with it regularly and I don't have a consistent time that I wake up every morning. This truly is a challenge to me to make sure I wake up when I need to.


Application: Wake up every morning for this week as soon as my alarm goes off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog