Luke 8:11-15 NKJV - Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.<12> Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.<13> But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.<14> Now the ones that fell among thorns are the those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.<15> But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience

I thank the Lord for cultivating the soil. That soil being my heart .  I would have to say my heart has experienced every bit of the terrain these verses speak of. From the foul of the air swooping down and tearing the seed from the wayside, which is an interesting parable considering the devil is referred to as the prince of the air. To the rock, having received the word of God, but not getting rooted in the church or in the word so I lacked understanding not to mention no one was poring into me so when temptation came I fell. I Withered away for there was no water. Having the pleasures of life wrapped around me choking out any thing that sprang up , not allowing anything to sink in and bare any lasting fruit. But the Lord continuing to work in my heart removing the thorns breaking up the rock and cultivating the soil to allow His word to take root. His perseverance and long suffering is the reason why I'm here today.  <v15> But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience. Even as I write this I struggle with patience being frustrated that nothing good comes to mind, just wanting to quit writing it because that would be easier. But this is something the Lord has set before me, so in the midst of struggling to write anything remotely relevant I persevere . I know that there will be times where people count on me to do some sort of task and in the midst of it I'll struggle just like this but in it I will turn to the Lord and ask for help and even when it feels like he's so far away I know he's right here with me.

I will write down at least 5 areas where I can be more proactive and ask for prayer in those areas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog