Philippians 3:11 - if, by any means I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Romans 6:4-5 Paints a wonderful picture of what these verses are saying; [4] "Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in the newness of life [5] For we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection," Now, back to Philippians, if, by any means I key word MAY attain to the resurrection from the dead. Paul knows that if strays from Christ and isn't walking under the blood, He's not covered. I would dare to make reference to the Passover scene in Exodus, where Gods people were commanded to sacrifice a lamb and paint the door frames with the blood of the lamb and when the time of the Passover came, they were to be in the house or they would suffer death. Likewise, our faith must come with action, and sometimes that action involves sacrifice. "What things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ". I pose this question to myself: Do I count ALL things loss for Christ? Is there anything that I'm holding on to that I haven't laid at the feet of Jesus? Am I willing to do anything for my Lord and Savior, IF, BY ANY MEANS I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. By any means necessary. Honestly I don't know. But I do believe the Lord will continue to work in me developing this heart that's after His.


Application: I want a by any means mentality, so this I pray and it will be my prayer for the day: Lord, I want a by any means mentality. I want to be obedient in all areas of life, not holding back anything. So father, I ask that you work into me this type of mentality and I ask this in Jesus name. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog