Colossians 1:11  Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long suffering with joy.

One important detail in this Epistle is the fact that Paul wrote this from prison. It amazes me to see the love he has for the churches he's writing to, given the position he is writing these letters from. Talk about walking in the Spirit being strengthened with all might, knowing full well he's gaining this strength from the Lord with patience and long suffering with all joy. Now I can't help but be convicted considering this man isn't complaining about his situation and how hard it is, but actually encouraging his fellow brothers and sisters lifting them up in prayer giving them the gospel and I can only imagine how encouraged the church of Colosse was by this. I truly need to allow this to sink in. I complain about IBS and classes and being hungry grumbling in my spirit over the most foolish things and I see this and I can only say suck it up. The same Spirit that was dwelling within Paul dwells in me. The same Spirit that was within our Lord Jesus that strengthened Him to sit up on that cross because of my sin lives in me and Gods Spirit is not a spirit of fear and weakness but of love, joy, peace and power. That same Spirit will strengthen me in times of doubt when I don't want to press on giving me what I need to persevere with all joy if only I step out of the way and allow the Spirit of God to step in.

When I start grumbling within myself I will look to Jesus and what He did for us, and remember how Paul was strengthened by that.

I will also ask for prayer in these situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog