Luke 3:14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, "and what shall we do?" So he said to them, "Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely , and be content with your wages."


Contentment is something that isn't easily obtained especially from the culture I've come from. Being from the states, I'm so used to looking on to other peoples things and wanting them. Always wanting more money, better clothes a nicer car etc. A big thing for me was never being content with who I am and that's still something I'm working on being content with. Looking on to other people and comparing how they comprehend and their ability to speak was always something I struggled with. Comparing myself with other people was a huge reason why I continued using drugs, foolishly thinking that in my altered state of mind I would be a better version of me. But that is so far from the truth. Even today I feel like I can do better if I just have a cup of coffee and get that caffeine fix which is something the Lord is working in me to lay off of and in my discontentment I'm being disobedient in it. It's also showing me that even in the smallest of things the Lord wants to move.

Application:

I will take a day and fast from coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog